antitrust case against Google; collusion with Facebook & Microsoft
"Ok so, I just read through all 173 pages of the unredacted Google antitrust filing and I have to say that either Google is screwed or society is screwed, we'll find out which.
Unordered list of fun things I learned:
- google has a secret deal with facebook called "Jedi Blue" that they knew was so illegal that it has a whole section describing how they'll cover for each other if anyone finds out
- google appears to have a team called gTrade that is wholly dedicated to ad market manipulation
- Google is willing to do almost everything to prevent people from circumventing their ad exchanges
- This is what AMP is about
- Google habitually insider trades on their ad exchanges in every way you can think of and every way you can't.
- Google has worked with Facebook and Microsoft to discourage them from increasing user privacy, lamenting occasions where they prioritized their reputation over their collective business interest
- Google had a plan called "Project NERA" to turn the web into a walled garden they called "Not Owned But Operated". A core component of this was the forced logins to the chrome browser you've probably experienced (surprise!)
A Mastodon instance for programming language theorists and mathematicians. Or just anyone who wants to hang out.
re: antitrust case against Google; collusion with Facebook & Microsoft
hn disc.: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=28975222
rdt disc.: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/qezoz4/ok_so_i_just_read_through_all_173_pages_of_the/